Sunday, September 23, 2007

South to Salta


View Larger Map

Fun with Google Maps! They have a new API that allows you to embed them in all their interactive glory on your site. Go ahead click, grab and shake the continent around, you know you want to. OK enough geek speak though.

I left Bolivia on Thursday evening. As the rickety Aerosur 737 warbled with endless turbulence we passed by a lightning storm that was a little to close for my tastes. It's a bit unnerving to be up in the Troposphere in a metal tube during an electrical storm. The tarmac in Salta was met with an overwhelming sense of relief. Deep breaths.

The night before my Bolivian friends Julien and Maya whom I met in BA back in July took us out to show us what Santa Cruz had to offer in terms of entertainment. It was a fun albeit late night, a proper send-off at any rate. Gracious hosts indeed.

Anyway it is good to be back in Europe ... I mean Argentina, ha ha. Seriously though after nearly five weeks of almost exclusive Nescafe instant coffee it is nice to be back in a place with cafe culture, cafe con leches and great Italian food.

It is Oliver's birthday tomorrow and I am meeting up with he and Gladys in Buenos Aires. I heard there might even be cake.

Fly low and beat the radar
Clifford

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Hey Cliff - your link to pictures is the same as the last link. Have a cafe con leche for me!

Cliff said...

So they are. I just wanted to make sure you were paying attention. I was gonna Fed Ex or DHL some Havan alfahores back. How many boxes do you want?

Lorraine said...

Gosh Cliff that would be great - any amount you would like to send. There was something on the news today about the penguins returning to Argentina - did you get to see them.
What did you find out about the salt in Salta - table salt?

Nicole said...

Hey where are you staying in BA? Are you going to see Roman?
Who are Julien and Maya? Did I meet them? Are they the couple who were in Lo De Jesus the day I left?
Listening to Spoon,
Nicole