Thursday, July 5, 2007

Is this thing on?


Things have been a bit of a blur the past couple of days. A couple of late nights. Yesterday was great, went and visited the Casa Roja or the Pink House where the presdient lives, its not actually pink but more of a salmon. After that it was a quick walk down Avenida De Mayo to Cafe Tortoni. Walking inside was like stepping back into the early part of last centure. A beautiful cafe comprised of stainded glass, marble columns, lots of brass and beautiful leather upolstered chairs. This was a favorite haunt of Carlos Gardel who is the Argentine Frank Sinatra, Luis Borges and Garcia Lorca. On the way we stopped by a Porteno cafe for a choripan which is an extremely fatty chorizo served butterflied on crusty bead. Although not exactly heart smart its truly delicious. Later we went to Million which is a converted 4 story mansion where in the back court yard they were shoging Bergman's 'Fanny and Alexander.' It was great to watch a Sweedish movie with Spanish subtitles. So that was yesterday's spanish lesson I guess.


We have made some friends down here already. Last night were invited to one of these new firends Hip Hop party not far from the hotel. They were spinning some decent old schol stuff and socializing was done in both Spanish in English which was good.



We left Ricoleta for loft in Palermo which I love love love, the place is 2 blocks from the Plaza Serrano. I will be sad to not wake up to the tray of medialunas(croisants) with dulce dulece, a pot of coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice outside the door. You get used to that realy quickly. On the way out of the hotel I met the Director of Latin American operations for Google. I guess his corporate apartment was there. Anyway he gave me his buizness card I should probably email a resume his way.

Belated Happy 4th of July. I am feeling a state of independance.

Its is one of those truly beautiful days today - like the abscence of temperture, neithere hot nor cold just neutral and still. Everyone seems to be in a good mood as a result. That being said I shouldn't be inside banging on the keyboard. I will talk more later.

3 comments:

jonlorusso said...

Marble columns made me think of this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZcba7CUaCE

Kimberly said...

Where are the pictures? And please leave out the ones with you wearing a thong!

Lorraine said...

I can't wait to see pics of the apt. Dad and I had a wonderful time reading you blog - we laughed and laughed. Dad commented that you really should get back to your writing.

On a somber note - broke off half of my tooth eating pizza on 7/3 - ended up with a temp crown yesterday and hopefully getting the permanent one the day before I leave.

Ditto Kim's comments on the thong!